Sunday, April 28, 2013

Updating...

I just realised that I have been abandoning my blog for more than 1 years. Thanks to KaiLyn and CyDou reminded me the username and password of my blogger.com. Ok! What to update?! First of all I gonna talk about my 6 months internship life in Puchong. I could clearly flashback the first day when I stepped into DK-QS. My friends and I reached office at 9.00am on dot. 4 of us were asked to sit in the meeting room while waiting for the Senior QS. 




Fast forward, I was led by a Senior QS (Teck Yong). First of all, he looks fierce as shown in the photo below and I dare not to question him anything about the task he distributed to me. I used almost 3 days to complete the task and within the 3 days he kept on asking me about the progress and...I was stress Teck Yong! But few months later, I feel more comfortable to talk to him and till now I still prefer to work under him. 




Again, on the 6 months of internship, even it tortured us loads but conversely we were creating a strong bonding with some colleagues. We actually went for movie in Puchong IOI every Friday night. Now, we have a group in FB and every activities we could discuss there and soon we gonna watch Ironman 3! Happy days are always short-lived. Unfortunately, 2 of them decided to leave DK-QS very soon and they decided to move back and work in hometown and the day after Ironman 3, we gonna organize a farewell party with them. 

I actually did learnt very much during internship which I appreciate the most. At least I went to site progress meeting, site valuation, open tender and etc. All the colleagues are kind and willing to teach. I truly want to say thank you to Ms.G and due to her laziness, we as a trainee we could learn a lots! To be honest, I will definitely not going to work after my graduation because the work loads are not tally with the income you get.




Year 3 Semester 2 started on Jan and the subjects are much tougher as compared to previous semester. From next semester onward, we gonna work out for our dissertation and luckily I already grabbed a supervisor. I actually proposed him 2 titles and both were rejected. 

The 1st title was about Handicapped Facilities in Universities and he commented that I will face difficulty during collecting data stage. While the 2nd title was about Fire Assessment on Heritage Buildings. Perhaps I should write down the conversation I had with him. 

Le supervisor: Why u want to do historic things? Why donch u do something related to ur 
future?
Le me: Sir! I have no idea already larh~ Or maybe I do a title regards to waste materials or delays.
Le supervisor: Don't do such title arh. If u do such title. I give u max. grade B only. Do u approach to other lecturers?
 *Hmm.. He must be disgusted with me*
Le me: No. Sir.
Le supervisor: My brain stuck already larh. Now u still want me to think about the title.
 *5 minutes later*
Le supervisor: Perhaps u can study why Malaysians are not interesting in construction field? Maybe after the research you get the solution like the environmental causes Malaysians do not want to participate themselves in construction field.
Le me: Har?! So easy arh? Labour issues arh?
Le supervisor: Easy?! Ok. Temme what do u think?
Le me: *very confident* I think it's about the wages lorh~ construction very dirty lorh~
Le supervisor: YOU THINK! Prove?
Le me: Ok Sir. I'll think about it.

After all, I backed to DK-QS just to seek some advices from my Project Executive-Ms.Lilian and she said the title sounds not bad and it is actually an issue in construction field but she suggested me to focus more on Skilled Labours which is more challenging and so I decided to combine the 2 ideas.

Next, I done loads of research and came out a draft proposal and I approached to the supervisor 2 days later. I did not showed him the draft proposal but I suggested my title verbally which included all my problem statements and final outcome. And he said "Ok! Acceptable." I was like "pppuuufff~"